As we push, push, push through life, we often miss the opportunity to take simple actions that can make a profound difference in our lives.
Here are five things you can do--both today and on an ongoing basis—to truly enhance your life.
5 Simple Ways to Enhance Your Life
1. Make three people smile each day.
Set this as an actual goal and keep track of it. The more you smile, the more others will…until it becomes a cycle.
2. Give something of value to others every day.
Besides a smile, you can share knowledge, offer a kind word, make a donation, or just let the other guy have that parking space.
3. Forgive everyone for everything.
Forgive every grudge or bad experience from the past. You don’t have to spend time with those who hurt you, but wipe clean the slate of the past and don’t give it another second of your time.
4. Spend time with those under the age of 7 and over the age of 70.
People from both of these age groups have wisdom to share if you listen for it.
5. Keep in touch with your extended family.
Don’t take for granted that they’ll always be there, because one day they won’t.