If you're like me, you receive hundreds of e-mails every day. And, if you travel a lot or have insanely busy days, you just want to quickly understand the e-mails you do receive. Well, all of us feel that way. So why not make it easier for your reader by creating emails that help them out while gaining attention.
Here are five things to consider if you want your email to gain attention.
Five Ways to Gain Email Attention
1. Create a subject line that explains exactly what the email is about.
Make it concise and to the point.
2. Put your main ideas up front.
Either make the email very short or summarize the key details in the first paragraph.
3. Use short sentences and bullets.
Write tight concise sentences and use bullets wherever you can.
4. Stay away from “reply all."
When replying, it’s almost never necessary to reply to all. So don’t do it.
5. Give it a quick once-over before sending.
Double check the spelling of names. And if you’ve mentioned an attachment, be sure you’ve included it.