To build a customer-centric business, you need employees who can resolve customers’ problems while representing your company in the way you expect.
Here are five questions to help you determine if a potential employee has the right temperament to do the job.
Five Interview Questions for Customer-Facing Employees
1. What is your approach to customer service?
2. Tell me about a time you encountered a really upset customer and how you handled the situation.
3. Tell me about a time that you made something simple for a customer.
4. When talking with a customer, have you ever considered how a product could be improved, a process could be simplified, or communication could have been streamlined? What did you do about it?
5. If a customer asks to speak to a manager and there is no one present, how would you handle this?