There is huge value in being able to get inside your customer’s head. And the best way to do that is by asking questions. But standard, run-of-the-mill stuff, doesn’t give you much insight.
Try these quirky questions instead.
5 Quirky Questions to Ask About Your Customers
1. How do customers use our product/service in ways we never expected?
If you can identify unusual ways your offerings are used, you might identify a whole new revenue stream selling them for those purposes.
2. How can we provide our product/service to those who can’t afford it?
I’m not saying give it away, or even sell current offerings at a lower price, but maybe you need to develop a lower-priced version of your offering for those who can’t afford the current one.
3. What do customers find “complicated” about buying or using your product?
If you eliminate an area of complication, it might just cause your sales to jump. I’d say it’s worth a try.
4. What do current customers tell others about you and your company?
Are they recommending you? If not, why not?
5. What does the customer think about your website?
Do they visit it often or do they intentionally stay away?