What is the best way to spend the valuable time you have with a long-term customer? How about asking questions that will help you retain their business, better serve them, and attract prospects that could also become long-term customers?
The next time you find yourself with a long-term customer, ask these five questions.
Five Great Questions to Ask Your Long-Term Customers
1. What changes can we make to our product/service to make it more valuable to you?
Who can provide ideas for changes that will help your customers better than your very best customers? And, they’ll be flattered that you asked.
2. What do you wish suppliers like us would do, that no supplier is currently doing?
In a perfect world, where all things were possible, what would they like to have suppliers do for them? It may seem impossible to them, so they’ve not asked for it, yet very do-able for you. Just ask and find out.
3. What words or phrases would you search online to find us?
You might be surprised at the keywords they mention, and could then build those into your site so prospects can find you online.
4. What would you tell someone who asked about us?
If the response is positive, you’ve got a great opportunity to ask for a testimonial. If negative, you can take actions to fix the problem.
5. Would you refer us? If the conversation is a positive one, ask for a referral to launch another happy customer.