Many women let fear of rejection stop them from making key sales calls. This can be the kiss of death to your business, so don’t follow this path. Here are five approaches to get past the dreaded ‘No.”
Five Steps to Overcome Sales Rejection
- Don’t beat yourself up when you get a “No.” Just move on knowing that you are one step closer to a “Yes.”
- Look for some kind of a “win” in every meeting. Even if you don’t actually close a deal, consider that you may now know the other individual better, which can position you for future opportunities.
- Stay positive no matter what. Remember, in the scheme of all eternity, one sale is really small potatoes!
- Consider that the practice of a sales call can be a valuable experience. The sale will drive immediate revenue, but the skill you learn through the sales meeting can ultimately make you a fortune.
- If you feel rejected, think about your past successes. Think about past experiences in which you were successful and move on to the next opportunity.