Whether you’re a seasoned business owner, or a novice who wishes she knew more, one of the key ingredients to business—and to life—is the ability to sell your products, your services, yourself.
Here’s a simple five-step process I work through with my clients to be sure that they’re not skipping an important element in the sales process.
Five Steps to Sell Anything
- Understand your value. Know both the hard and soft reasons that prospects would be attracted to your offering.
- Explain that value completely, quickly, and in an interesting way. Be able to articulate that value and modify it slightly depending on who you are talking to.
- Identify the key targets for that value. Figure out what individuals, industries, and specific companies are willing to pay your going price (or more!) in return for the value you offer.
- Determine various ways to gain the attention of your key targets. This might include social media, advertising, your website, printed materials, PR, seminars, or a myriad of other approaches.
- Provide ways to let them learn about you and purchase your offerings. Once you gain their attention, be sure they have all the info they need to make the purchase