There’s a flip side to everything. Last week, we listed five phrases that can enhance your relationship with clients. Here are five words you should shy away from in all communications with clients or prospects.
Five Words to Avoid with Clients
- Can’t – Don’t describe a situation from this negative perspective; rather, tell me what you can do for me.
- Our Policy – Customers don’t give a flip about your policies, they care about their needs.
- Honestly – Using this word implies that other things you’ve said may not be true.
- No – Rather than making a negative statement, figure out how to state it positively.
- Dear – Why is it when a woman turns 50, others think she wants to be referred to this way?