As the holidays roll around, we think about giving gifts, but you should be sending “gifts” to your clients and prospects throughout the year. This single act will set you apart from the competition.
It is fortunate that many organizations limit what their employees are allowed to accept because that gives you the opportunity to give them one of these no-cost gifts that will keep you top-of-mind/.
5 Gifts that Clients and Prospects Will Value
- A booklet or CD you’ve created that reminds them you’re an expert in your field.
- An article you’ve read that will help them personally or professionally. This sends a clear message that you know what is important to them. You can email a link, but a clipping with a handwritten note stands out even more.
- A personalized, hand-written card. When was the last time you received one…and what was your reaction?
- A referral for THEIR business. And, if you do this, they might just come back at you with a referral for your business.
- A gift certificate for an hour of your time.