According to a recent survey, 68% of customers have walked away from a business because of indifference on the part of a manager or employee. The cost of landing a customer is way too high to let one walk away. Here are five key ideas to keep your customers coming back:
5 Ways to Keep Customers Coming Back
- Remember that appearance counts. Be sure that every element of your business—from your website to your business cards to your front door—sings out to your customers.
- Do things for the customer’s convenience, rather than your own. This means using the communication method they prefer (phone, email, face-to-face) and being available at the hours that work for them. Eliminate every obstacle to doing business with you.
- Reward your customer. Can you give them a premium, provide them with a lead, give them a gift, send prospects to their website?
- Be a resource. Help your customers connect with whatever they need—even if it has no immediate benefit to your business.
- Speak in the customer’s language. Eliminate corporate jargon and make it simple for them to understand the features and benefits of your offerings.