If you’ve got a consistent problem it is important to determine the cause. This is often obvious. But sometimes you’re unable to track back to the root of the problem
To determine the cause of the problem, ask yourself the following questions. Then evaluate your answers to develop a viable solution.
Five Questions to Solve a Problem
- Who is consistently involved? An overworked employee? An individual who seems to thrive on drama?
- Where does it happen? In a certain area of your shop? At client locations?
- When does it consistently happen? During peak hours? On Monday mornings? While a key person is on vacation?
- Why does it seem to happen? Accounting staff overworked during a month close? Lack of equipment?
- What can you do to alleviate the problem? Purchase new equipment? Hire a temporary employee?