We all love receiving awards, but with a little more forethought in the presentation, you can increase the value of that award to the individual. Here is a five-step process to present an award.
Five Steps to Present an Award
- Be prepared. Plan out in advance what you will say.
- Introduce the individual who is being celebrated and explain why. Be genuine. Be personal. Be concise.
- Spotlight the individual’s unique talents and attributes. Don’t assume everyone knows this, and even if they do, most folks love to hear others sing their praises.
- Share a story that demonstrates how the individual has made a difference. The story can relate to the award or not; the goal is to personalize the presentation.
- Invite others to share similar experiences. Open the floor and allow others to be a part of the celebration.