I’m often asked how I got to be so enthusiastic about life. Women want to know how I can be continually turned on and excited about all that’s happening around me. My answer is that I have seen the dull and boring side of life and I refuse to live that way. So although I may come across as “over the top” sometimes, very few people consider me boring or ordinary.
If you’d like to join my over-the-top club, here are five ways to add enthusiasm to your life.
Five Ways to Be Wildly Enthusiastic
- Spend time with enthusiastic people. Studies show that you take on the characteristics of the five people you spend the most time with. So, if you spend your day with dull, boring (or worse…negative) people, guess what you’re going to become. Seek out energetic, creative, clever…just plain FUN…folks, and spend as much time as possible with them.
- Steal ideas from the most enthusiastic person you know. Think of the most enthusiastic person you now and query them about their secrets to enthusiasm. Then practice those actions daily.
- Get a Ph.D. in enthusiasm. Read motivational books. Listen to inspirational CDs. Create an Inspiration Board on Pinterest.
- Pump up the volume. If you’re calm and reserved by nature, discover something that is important to you and get “fired-up” about it.
- Create a culture of enthusiasm. Be on the lookout for others who are enthusiastic. Recognize and thank them for their enthusiasm. Create a growing culture of enthusiasm around you.