Traditionally, many of us will show our thanks this week. And at this time, we often give thanks for others who make our lives better, simpler, happier— whether they be our family, our co-workers, our staff, or our clients. But rather than just acknowledging these key people at a formal holiday, here are some ways you can extend appreciation to them throughout the year.
Five Ways to Show Appreciation to Others
1. Catch someone doing something positive and give them honest, on-the-spot verbal praise for it.
2. Write a short note of praise on the white board in their office or posted in a public place.
3. Leave a roll of Lifesavers on their desk with a note of thanks for the way they saved the day.
4. Send a letter praising them to their parents, spouse or significant other.
5. Send a hand written thank you card to their home. Mention a specific they have done recently that has made a difference in your life.