As Thanksgiving rolls around, it seems more important than ever to consider what we have to be thankful for and all we take for granted every day.
Here are five things (out of thousands!) to be thankful for TODAY.
Five Things to Be Thankful For
1. If you are reading this on your computer or smart phone, you might be thankful for your eyesight, for electricity, and for the technology that enables this message to jump from my head into yours.
2. If you drive a car, you might be thankful that it started this morning, that you can purchase gas on most corners in any town, and that someone invented the wheel way back when.
3. If you’re part of a family, you might be thankful that you can define that word any way you like, that most of your family members are healthy, and that those who need support for their health are able to get it.
4. If you are literate, you might be thankful for the parents who read to you as a child, for the teachers who assigned you all that homework, and for the fact that you can easily carry 48 books on a one-pound reading device.
5. If you have friends, you might be thankful for their love, their patience, and their understanding.