You have a lot of networking opportunities, but there is no point in wasting your time (and maybe money) going if you don’t capitalize on them.
Here are five ways to make networking work for you.
Five Tips to Fire Up Your Networking
1. When you first walk into the room, give it a scan.
Take a deep breath to regroup and focus, then look around to see who is there.
2. Stay on your feet until the program starts.
You’ve probably been sitting most of the day. Move around and connect.
3. See someone sitting alone?
Introduce yourself. You’ll make a friend for sure!
4. Don’t even LOOK at your phone.
If you do others will consider you boring and arrogant.
5. If you MUST take a call, duck out of the room.
Don’t try to talk over the crowd.