Over the years, I’ve helped my clients and Woman’s Advantage® members win tons of awards, but an award is of no value unless you create a plan to capitalize on it to impact your personal and company brands.
Here are five ways to do just that.
5 Ways to Capitalize on Winning an Award
1. Update all your contact info to mention the award.
Include the award in your bio, website, social media profiles and email signature line.
2. Announce the award individually to clients.
Send personalized letters, emails and newsletters to tell them about the honor, and why it is relevant to them.
3. Distribute a press release.
Send it to alumni publications, industry newsletters, local media, hometown media and organizations to which you belong.
4. If there is an award ceremony, host a table.
Invite your key clients, prospects and others important to your business.
5. Ask an influential friend or trusted client to host an event honoring you.
You pay the costs and plan the event, but list the “host” on the invitation. Invite clients, prospects, partners, vendors and employees.