Whether you are speaking to one person, 50 or 5,000, you want your message to come across with confidence. To do this, your words must convey power rather than being wishy-washy. Here are five words women frequently use that make me wince.
5 Wimpy Words to Avoid
- Little – Whenever I hear a woman describe her business as “little” I want to scream. Unless you’re talking about a kitten, never use the word “little.”
- I think – There is no reason to use this phrase. It only serves to weaken your statement.
- Whatever – According to a recent poll, “whatever” is the #1 most hated word in the United States.
- Like – This phrase, added into a sentence for no reason, sends a clear message that you’re stuck in the Valley Girl Era.
- Maybe – Is it a Yes or a No? Don’t wimp out. Make a decision. Now.