Days to months to years. Life zips on by and there’s no stopping it. But one way to capture the best in life is to focus on joyful moments…and to create as many of them as possible.
Don’t let a day go by without appreciating these five things:
Five Things to Appreciate Every Day
1. Appreciate wonderful scents that remind you of home (apple pie?), your grandmother (lilac?), wonderful travels (coconut?).
Recreating more of these scents in your life is as simple as lighting a candle. But how many days pass by without that?
2. Relish every bite you eat.
Rather than shoveling it in, pay attention to the flavors, delight in the colors and breathe in the aroma of everything you eat.
3. Bask in the inspiration of quotes, poems, photography, sunsets.
This inspiration is readily available, but you’ve got to look for it.
4. Cherish the time you spend with you children and grandchildren.
If you can’t see them on a regular basis, create a gallery of photographs that you can stop to admire to get your fix throughout the day.
5. Delight in the unconditional love and trust of your pet.
Invest extra time in spoiling the most non-judgmental friend you’ve got.