As a business owner, you’ve likely got more material wealth than the average person. With that in mind, consider how you can help others while benefiting your business. One way to do this is by donating your company’s products or services.
As a professional speaker, I provide one pro-bono speaking event a month. And I often give my books and other products to disadvantaged women. Besides helping these women, I gain from being in front of individuals who have not heard of me and become my raving fans.
Is there a way your products or services can help others while adding value to your business?
Here’s a process to “do well by doing good.”
1. Make a list of your products or services that could help others. Include products you consider outdated…as long as they don’t pose a health risk,
2. Develop a monthly philanthropy budget for these products or services. (For example, I do one pro bono speech each month.)
3. Create a list of organizations in your market that might benefit from receiving them.
4. Interview three of these organizations and select one to support for the next six months.
5. Spread the word about how you are helping others.