You may be spending a significant portion of your marketing time and budget on email marketing, such as this newsletter. If so, you want to get the highest return on your investment. Here are five tips I’ve discovered as a result of writing and publishing this email newsletter over the past three years.
5 Tips to Improve Your Email Newsletter Results
1. Improve your click-through rate by sending your newsletter on Saturday or Sunday.
2. If you send on a weekday, send your newsletter early in the morning.
The earlier you send it, the higher likelihood that it will be opened and that your links will be clicked through.
3. Don’t send emails late in the evening.
Who knows why, but emails sent at 10 or 11PM cause the highest number of unsubscribes.
4. Avoid using these trigger phrases.
These phrases have been shown to cause unsubscribes and spam filter triggers: Bargain, Act now, Please read, Get it now, and Satisfaction guaranteed.
5. Don’t be stingy with your newsletters.
If you send a newsletter only once a month, you will actually generate more unsubscribes then if you send it weekly. As long as the info you send has value, you will increase your subscribes by sending it weekly.