No matter how great your content, the one element that will win the audience over is your delivery. Here are five keys to a primo delivery.
Five Keys to Delivering a Great Presentation
1. Be prepared, but also be authentic.
It’s ok to be spontaneous and go off script once in a while.
2. Your presentation is not about you.
Remember the audience is your reason for being there.
3. Make sure your appearance is appropriate.
Dress at least as well as the average person in the group.
4. Always repeat the question.
I like to paraphrase beginning with, “Great question. She wants to know…”
5. Stick with the AT&T Humor Rule: Be Appropriate, Timely and Tasteful.
Skip comments about politics or religion.