There is no better way to wow an audience than to prepare well and launch into a presentation with lots of energy and confidence. Here are five steps that will win them over.
5 Ways to Prepare for a Great Presentation
1. Practice, Practice, Practice.
Then video yourself to see how you come across from the other side.
2. Develop slides, but be prepared to present without them.
You never know when something will go wrong.
3. Dress appropriately for your audience.
Anticipate how they will dress and do likewise.
4. Remember first impressions are lasting.
Consider yourself “on stage” from the moment you arrive.
5. Stand by the door and greet every attendee with a smile.
Introduce yourself and tell them how happy you are to be there.