There are so many ways to communicate these days. How can you stand out from the crowd with clients, prospects and even former clients? Consider touching your clients and prospects in the five ways listed below. You can either do one of these each day, or do all five on the same day. If you do all five every week the results may be startling.
Five Unique Ways to Touch Clients and Prospects
- Send a handwritten note to an existing client thanking her/him for their business and support. Personalize your note by using non-business stationary or a fun card rather than a notecard with your company name or logo.
- Send a note to a former client to ask why they no longer do business with you. Write your note in a personal style rather than business-formal. Tell them why you liked working together and try to mention a positive shared experience.
- Meet to interview an existing client about ways you can improve your offerings to them. This is a great opportunity to discover new offerings you may be able to provide for them.
- Call or meet with a former client to ask why they no longer do business with you. You may catch them just as they’re disillusioned with a current vendor and ready to move back.
- Contact a prospect without trying to sell them anything. Rather than trying to close a deal, just offer them something free.