You probably don’t have a big advertising budget, but don’t let that prevent you from spreading the word about yourself and your business. You can get great—sometimes even more effective results—from a strategic PR effort.
Here are five low-cost approaches you can use to get the word out.
Five Ways to Promote Yourself and Your Business
1. Write articles for trade publications (both online and printed) to get your name and expertise recognized in your industry
2. Find out what topics local reporters are working on and provide insights based on your experience.
3. Keep your website and social media pages updated with interesting, relevant info.
4. Offer to speak to trade or local business organizations to demonstrate your expertise.
5. When you write or speak, don’t pitch your business but demonstrate that you’re an expert on the topic.